Christmas Season at Christ's Church
- December 7 & 21: Salvation Army Bell Ringing at King Soopers off Founders. Call the church for details. It's such a worthwhile cause and loads of fun!
- December 7: Kids' Story JAM (Jesus and Me) from 6:00 - 8:30 p.m. < more >
- December 8: Christmas Fair between & after services
- December 14:
- Douglas County Youth Orchestra Fall Concert at 11:00 am
- PreGreening of The Church - Making of Wreaths from 11:30 am - 1:30 pm - Gathering Place
Here's another opportunity to get into the Christmas spirit. Get together with other parishioners to make the wreaths that will be put on the outside of every door on our campus. It's fun! Just show up in the The Gathering Place where the greens, wires, tools and bows await you.
- December 15:
- Bake Sale in the Narthex all morning
- Then it's the Greening of the Church from noon on. 1st - enjoy soup and rolls in The Gathering Place.
Join the fun with fellow parishioners of decorating The Sanctuary, The Gathering Place, the Chapel and the outside of our buildings.
- And at 6:30pm, you're invited to come to The Sanctuary for Lesson & Carols
- December 24:
- Family Mass at 5:30pm including Living Godly Play presentation of the Gospel
- Musicmakers Concert at 10:00pm
- Midnight Mass at 10:30pm
Musicmakers Rehearsal Changing To Wednesdays
Effective December 4th 7:00 - 8:30pm
This group of musicians, who lead us in song at the 10:30 service each Sunday, is always open to new members. So if you’d like to come, but haven’t because Tuesday nights didn’t work for you, consider coming now. You’ll still be in time to catch up on Christmas music and sing with Musicmakers for Lessons and Carols on Sunday, December 15, and at the Musicmakers Concert at 10:00pm on Christmas Eve, December 24. Everyone is welcome; no auditions are necessary. All voice parts are needed...and keyboard and instrumentalists too. Questions? Contact Kathy Mordeaux at 303.688.5185 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCRIP is here and a brilliantly simple way to help the church
This program costs you nothing more than what you’d spend on items you would be purchasing anyway; and it just takes a few minutes to do it.
We’re excited that we now have the Scrip program available for your participation. This means you can shop with gift cards from a long list of vendors, including stores like Starbucks, Sprouts, Natural Grocers, Whole Foods, Walmart, Target, Home Depot, and many restaurants and retail shops. We all have our favorite stores, or we know what stores our family and friends like. (The gift cards make great gifts...and they don’t need to be wrapped! ) Chances are the Scrip program will have many of your favorite stores listed, and Christ’s Episcopal Church will benefit 4 to 19 % of the dollar amount of the card, depending on the store.
- Come to The Gathering Place between &/or after Sunday services & go to the table where Brenda will be sitting. (If you don’t know Brenda, someone there will introduce you to her.)
- Take a copy of the Retailer list & the Order Form; choose which gift cards & the amount of each card (some have 2 or more, i.e., $25, $50 & up), write these on the Order Form & give the form to Brenda.
- Brenda will give you a receipt for the amount of your check. She’ll enter the order, & the checks will be deposited in our bank on Monday.
- Your order can then be picked up the following Sunday in The Gathering Place.
F Y I: You’ll see on the Retailer list that the amount of percentages (%) vary. This is the amount that the RETAILER gives to Christ’s Episcopal Church; this is NOT deducted from your card.
Example: If you purchase a $100 gift card from XXX Company & the % is 10%, our church will receive $10 from the RETAILER. YOU use the gift card to make up to $100 worth of purchases. Although you can buy $100 worth of goods in one purchase, you don’t have to do that. You can buy something for $50 using your card; the balance is left in the card. The next time you buy at that store with the card, you can buy up to $50 worth. Your sales slip will indicate how much money is left on the card. If you do purchase up to $100 on that card, you can destroy it & purchase another.
Is one of your favorite retailers not on the Retailer list? Tell Brenda; she’ll have it added if possible
More good news! Soon, we will be sharing how we can go on line to place our own orders, reload some of our cards and learn about the current specials. And our church will benefit the same percentage as if you placed your order with Brenda.
Feast Day BBQ, Caring for our Campus
Sunday education programs are up and running for the new season
- Godly Play for 4-year-olds - 3rd graders and Connect for 4th - 8th graders < more >
- Adult/High School Education < more>
Fr. Rick's Mystic Travelers Blog
Fr. Rick posts two blogs a week on www.mystictravelersbook.com, and he has over 60 articles archived there for your edification. You can go on your own whenever you want, OR once on the website, you can subscribe by filling in your name and email address in the box on the left of the screen. If you sign up, you’ll be sent the blogs twice a week. You’re also invited to submit your comments about a blog if you wish.
Wall of Thanks
We appreciate so many people here at Christ's Episcopal Church. Therefore, we invite you to say THANKS to someone who has added in some way to your life or your spiritual journey. You are also invited to say THANKS to anyone you'd like to acknowledge for adding to the grace in this church of ours.
Click here to share your THANKS. Your THANKS prayer will be completely anonymous unless you give us your name. We will publish it here. We *do* have to moderate the board for spam, so we can't publish your comment until it's reviewed. But we will review all prayers at least once a day. If you wish, you can take a look at the Wall any time. We will include a link to it in the Fully Alive News and the email newsletters.
Thank you for being such a valuable part of this place to be...fully alive.
your friends at Christ's Church.