Rediscover the Inner
Light of Christmas
Come experience the true light of the season as
the symbolic depth of tradition blends with openness
and joy in a spirit-filled family celebration.
Let the joy of Christmas light up your soul,
so you may bring light to the world
Why is it the season to be jolly? Why all the festive preparations? Because, in spite of the long nights, we know the Light is coming. In spite of all the ads and sales, we feel the presence of the sacred.
The symbolism of the season brings Light and Hope and Love to our souls. As angels announce peace and good will, we somehow realize it’s much more than wishful thinking.
So this year, why not make time to rediscover the inner Light? Why not open your heart to share Light with others? Why not get into the true spirit of the season?
Please come celebrate with us. All are welcome, and you’ll find the activities are not only enlightening and full of Light, but also lighthearted. Because Christ, indeed, comes at Christmas … and that really is something to celebrate.
CHRISTMAS AT THE SANCTUARY
Worship services every Sunday at 8:00 and 10:30 am
- Sunday, Nov. 29, 9:00-10:15 am — Make Your Advent Wreath: family fun on the first day of Advent – reservations required.
- Friday, Dec. 4, 5:30-7:00 pm — St. Nicholas Party: fun for the whole family – cookie decorating, pizza, outreach and more.
- Friday, Dec. 11, 7:00 PM — Lecture: The Mérode Altarpiece: Symbols, Secrets and Mysteries.
- Saturday, Dec. 12, 1:00-5:00 pm — Tours of our historic chapel – carols on the hour and half-hour on our unique pipe organ.
- Sunday, Dec. 20, 7:00 pm — Festival of Lessons and Carols: a beautiful and moving Christmas tradition.
Christmas Eve – Thurs. Dec. 24
5:30 pm — Family Christmas Eve Service with a Christmas Pageant presented by children and youth
10:00 pm — Christmas Candlelight Service opening with a half-hour Choral Prelude by our Musicmakers
Christmas Day – Friday, Dec. 25
10:00 am — Christmas Day Worship in our historic chapel
CHRISTMAS IN CASTLE ROCK
Historic Castle Rock, CO, is wonderfully active during the Christmas season. Here are some events and activities you’ll find around town during the days and weeks ahead:
- Nov. 21 — Rink at the Rock (ice rink) opens, 11 a.m.-9 p.m.; 414 Perry St.; rinkattherock.com
- Nov. 21 — Starlighting, 2-7 p.m.; Festival Park and throughout Downtown; CastleRockCulture.com/starlighting
- Nov. 26 — Annual Turkey Rock Trot 5k, 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m.; Douglas County Fairgrounds, Events Center; douglas.co.us/eventcenter
- Nov. 28 — Small Business Saturday, all day; Downtown; CRgov.com
- Nov. 28 — 12 Stops of Christmas, 4-7 p.m.; Downtown; CRgov.com/StarSeason
- Dec. 4 — Breakfast with Santa, 8-10 a.m.; Outlets at Castle Rock; OutletsatCastleRock.com
- Dec. 5 — Storytellers and s’mores, 4-7 p.m.; Festival Park; CRgov.com/StarSeason
- Dec. 12 — 12 Stops of Christmas, 4-7 p.m.; Downtown; CRgov.com/StarSeason
- Dec. 19 — The Castle Rock Polar Express, 4-7 p.m.; Festival Park; CRgov.com/StarSeason
- Dec. 24 — Christmas Eve Candlelight services, 4 p.m.; Festival Park; CRgov.com/StarSeason
- Dec. 26 — Holiday movie screening, 4 p.m.; Downtown; CRgov.com/StarSeason
- Dec. 26-Jan. 31 — Christmas tree recycling, all day; Metzler, Paintbrush, Centennial, and Founders parks; CRgov.com/recycletree